Being with God,
Being for the World,
as Holy Spirit Adoration Sisters
Adoration Convent of Christ the King...
Front view of our convent
Eucharist Church of Christ the King
The HSAS were founded in Steyl, Holland, on December 8, 1896. Providence led them to Lincoln, Nebraska, through their friendship with His Excellency, Bishop Glennon P. Flavin.
Before coming to Lincoln in August of 1967, the late Bishop Flavin was the auxiliary bishop of the Archdiocese of St. Louis. While in St. Louis he became acquainted with the Holy Spirit Adoration Sisters, and after being made Bishop of Lincoln he invited the “Pink Sisters” to come to the diocese. He gladly gave up his house for the first chapel
and convent of a cloistered, contemplative community in the Diocese of Lincoln. Six sisters arrived on September 16, 1973, and a week later the official claustration ceremony took place. After the ceremony the sisters began their perpetual adoration of the Blessed Sacrament.
Their first chapel had served as the living room in the Bishop’s residence, but due to the number of people adoring the Blessed Sacrament a new chapel was in need. In May of 1980 the Eucharist Church of Christ the King was dedicated.